#1 choice of U. S. and Canadian water departments and underground utilities for cutting ductile iron pipe. Made of solid steel (up to 14"), so it won't shatter or lose segments. Smaller blades fit your automatic ductile iron pipe cutter. Cuts and bevels:Ductile iron, cast iron, stainless steel, carbon steel, hardened steel, galvanized steel, non-ferrous materials like bronze, copper, chrome, zinc, and lead, high nickel-content materials, Hastelloy "superalloys", schedule 40 and 80 pipe, PVC, HDPE, RCP, clay and ceramic pipe, green concrete, reinforced concrete, asphalt, brick, block, stone, granite, pavers, ceramic tile, wood, plywood, 2x4s, and more.
Ductile Iron Safety Blades.
Desert Diamond Industries is proud to present the safest, longest-lasting and most cost-effective diamond blades ever made - Ductile Iron Safety Blades.
The Ductile Iron Safety Blade cuts ductile iron, cast iron, concrete, asphalt, stone, brick, block and almost anything else you can put in front of it. That's because of its innovative solid steel design (up to 14" diameter) and vacuum-brazed diamond technology, so that it can cut almost anything while eliminating potentially fatal shattering and segment loss.
The Ductile Iron Safety Blade is covered by our signature Life Time Operator Error Warranty (up to 16"), so you can cut almost anything without worrying about your blade warping, wobbling or cracking from normal use.
Ductile Iron Safety Blade Field Test
Desert Diamond Industries tested the Ductile Iron Safety Blade against our competitors' blades to document its longevity and performance under extreme conditions.
- Goal: Run each blade non-stop until it completely burned up
- Where: Our facility in Las Vegas, NV
- Test Material: 4-inch cast iron mains using a 3,900 RPM table/chop saw, cutting with a dry blade
- Expectations: 1,100 cuts with the Ductile Iron Safety Blade
|Ductile Iron Safety Blade Test Results|
|Blade Test||Ductile Iron Safety Blade||Competitor #1|
|Time Spent Cutting||16 hours||16 hours|
|Number of Cuts||1,558 (34% more cuts!)||1,160|
|Blade Status After Cuts||Looks new and cuts like new||Dull and unusable|
Ductile Iron Safety Blade Benefits
- Outlasts Abrasive Blades: You'll go through 150 good quality abrasive blades - costing $4 to $10 and totaling $600 to $1,500 - before you'll wear down just one of our Ductile Iron Safety Blades.
- Keeps Saw Operators Safe: Ductile Iron Safety Blades are made of solid steel (up to 14") to eliminate fatalities from blade shattering and segment loss.
- Reduces Health Insurance Costs and Lost Time: Ductile Iron Safety Blades don't generate hazardous dust during cutting and beveling, unlike abrasives.
- Reduces Time Spent on the Job: Ductile Iron Safety Blades' vacuum-brazed diamond segments let you bevel as well as cut, reducing tool swaps and speeding work.
- Reduces Sparks: Ductile Iron Safety Blades generate 90% fewer sparks than abrasive blades during cutting and beveling
- Prevents Warping and Wobbling: Ductile Iron Safety Blades' Air Flow Technology helps dissipate heat during continuous use.
- Reduces Binding During Cuts: Ductile Iron Safety Blades' electroplated swirl design helps prevent binding.
- Ecologically Friendly: Ductile Iron Safety Blades are 100% recyclable steel, unlike abrasive blades, which are 100% waste.
- Life Time Operator Error Warranty: Ductile Iron Safety Blades up to 16" come with the most comprehensive warranty in the industry and are warrantied for life against any and all damages.
Ductile Iron Safety Blade Specifications
- Segment Height: 0.315" (8mm)
- Diamond Content: 85% vacuum-brazed diamond
- Segment Weld: Made of solid steel with no welded cutting segments (up to and including 14") or laser-welded to steel cores (16" and larger)
- Wet/Dry Cutting: Can be used for both wet and dry cutting
Ductile Iron Safety Blades Have Been Successfully Proven On:
- Ductile and cast iron.
- Stainless, carbon, hardened and galvanized steel.
- Non-ferrous materials like bronze, copper, chrome, zinc and lead.
- High nickel-content materials.
- Hastelloy "superalloys",
- Schedule 40 and 80 pipe, PVC, HDPE, RCP and AC.
- Clay and ceramic pipe
- Green and reinforced concrete
- Brick, block, stone, granite and pavers.
- Ceramic tile.
- Wood, plywood and 2x4s.
Who Uses Ductile Iron Safety Blades?
- #1 choice of water departments and underground utilities in the USA and Canada.
- Preferred blade of unionized training centers and educational institutions in North America.